Thank you again @ jesusluvsall.wordpress.com for nominating me for this award. It’s a blessing to have just started blogging and receive encouragement for my passion and love for Jesus Christ. The name Barnabas means “son of encouragement”. Baranabas was a man, mentioned in the Bible, who was a preacher. He was living during the time of Paul and served Christ along with Paul on numerous occasions. He lived a life filled with encouraging others in their ministry.
The Way the Barnabas Award Works
1)Thank the person who nominated you and share their blog.
2)Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them.
3)List 5 things about yourself
4)Lastly, ask your nominees 5 questions. Why 5? Because it is the number that signifies grace.
5 Things About Me
- I enjoy singing & have been singing for Jesus since the age of 3 or 4.
- I studied Spanish for 7 years while in high school and college and want to visit a Spanish-speaking country to learn more.
- My favorite food is mostly anything that is fruity and sweet. Like strawberry shortcake, banana pudding or apple pie.
- I learned how to play the piano in college and want to purchase a better piano to continue practicing.
- I am so happy to have found fulfillment and bliss in Christ, instead of trying to find that in others or things.
@jesusluvsall.wordpress.com Questions for Me
- What is your favorite worship song? When I Think About the Lord (with Spanish lyrics too)
- What book has blessed you recently? The Bible everyday. Another book I have been reading is called How to Be Happy Where You Are: Finding Fulfillment by Michelle McKinney Hammond. It’s about seeking God and his will above our own desires, and it blesses me every time I pick it up to read a chapter.
- When you spend time with friends, what do you like to do? I like to watch TV shows and movies, encourage them and talk about what’s going on in our lives in a way that is positive.
- What is your favorite place to relax? On the beach! When the sun is not bright. The water is so calming and the sand, therapeutic.
- How did you come to know Jesus? Everyday I am learning more and more about Jesus Christ, and to know Him is to love Him and love others. I first encountered Jesus at a very early age. I started singing for Him when I was around 3 or 4 years old. My parents made sure I knew about Christ at an early age and I thank them for that. The song called God Bless the Broken Road reminds me of the times I am so thankful that Jesus used painful circumstances to lead me closer to Him. There is no place I would rather be than close to Him.
My Nominees for the Barnabas Award
The nominees I have listed are inspirational, mighty women of Christ who I want to encourage to keep fighting the good fight and keep moving forward in their walk with God. I encourage others to take a look at their blogs and feel free to follow them. My nominees can continue on with the Barnabas Award and nominate other bloggers if they choose to participate.
T.R. Noble, Inside Cup @ https://nobledevotionblog.wordpress.com
Dawn, Drawing Closer to Christ @ https://drawingclosertochrist.com
The Godly Chic Diaries @ https://gcdiaries.wordpress.com
Temitope Michael-O, Christian Mommas @ https://christianmommas.com
Efua, Grace Over Pain @ https://graceoverpain.com
My Questions for My Nominees
- If there was only one thing readers could take away from your blog, as a life lesson, what would it be?
- Where would you want to vacation, and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is the craziest goal you want to achieve, and what do you think it will take to reach it?
- In what ways do you want to be closer to Christ?
Upcoming iamcrownedinvictory Awards
Being nominated for the Baranabas Award has inspired me to start doing iamcrownedinvictory awards. I plan to nominate bloggers for this award who I want to encourage and I encourage other bloggers to the same if they feel led.
About iamcrownedinvictory Awards:
I am doing iamcrownedinvictory awards to spread love and encouragement to others. I believe that all people are crowned in victory since the resurrection of Christ Jesus, it’s just a matter of us knowing who we are in Christ. I will be doing this on my YouTube channel, WordPress, Instagram and Facebook. I encourage others to do the same for the people in their lives if they want to participate. I hope that by doing this, people will be encouraged, as I have been, to love on people and encourage others while we are all on this journey of life.
Why don’t I just keep my encouraging words to others between just me and them? It’s because I want others to know what these people mean to me and how they have been an inspiration. As said before, my hope is that this will inspire people to do the same. Most importantly, all glory goes to Jesus Christ for giving us victory ❤